Friday, November 1, 2013

Oh my!

I find that the robotics module examples are based only on the CRIO and the SBRIO kits, which is disturbing. There is an example for localization with an extended kalman filter. Which still means that someone has to derive the motion equations.

Really new thing, this.  LIFA (Labview interface for ARDUINO)module works on bluetooth! what??!! I said what?!! interesting. So, now I get that you just canNOT transliterate the VI file into an ARDUINO 2560 file, you can just exchange data between two software programs.

Wrong C code generatorAn EKF can be designed in the control design user manual. instructions are possibly laid down over there. Labview can generate C code. Can we program the ARDUINO 2560 based on this C code? Nohttp://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373144B-01/lvcgenhelp/cgen_gen_code_from_vis/
I just now found that the VI file has to be designed with a C code generator.
After downloading the 329 MB that was the C code generator I realised that it was for labview 2012, which I do not have.AAARRRRGH!

Now am downloading labview 2011's C code generator.
There is no C code generator for labview 2011. The link is replaced with the file for labview 2012. 
My feeling:
Honestly, I have second thoughts about this. Like all those who think the following
1. How do I plan on using NI labview without a CompactRIO, without hardware. Labview interacts with ARDUINO itself by bluetooth. So, using NI labview with 2560 won't work.
2. How do I plan to do the control loops without NI labview? It is impossible to do the work manually, in this time frame.(April final submission. so, by March must have results)
3. How do I plan to put all those control loops even if I write them onto the ARDUINO2560 which has 65 KB of memory.

My only answer to all these questions...... What else can I do?
There will be no progress, otherwise.
1. I can ask DRONE aerospace for help. That did not work much last time.
2. I can go to anywhere else, locally, but they would just advise us to pay 125 dollars for ARDUcopter and be done with it.
3. There is an Intel ATOM development board at college. will have to ask Dr. Premanand sir it worked realtime in ashwath anna's project in identifying, tracking him in a video.(realtime) but runs only the windows XP and Meego, Debian operating systems, It will probably work. but how do you code the control loops etc on to the ATOM board. They could run OpenCV on it, which means the windows XP can run anything including hopefully NI labview, system memory limit at 512 MB but supports Intel memory virtualization which hopefully means extension of the memory.


That's it.
Another thing. Please everybody, we need to get the motion equations before doing anything else. If we have these equations, we have state, if we have state, we can ask for desired position. then, we have navigation.. This is my view. If wrong, please correct.
Have to thank L.Ramanathan, Satheeswaran, Satish Ravichandran for help on understanding how to interface MATLAB with ARDUINO!!! Rama+ Sathees+Satish===genius!!

The following is the most inspiring post I have ever read till date. This is amazing. I have never had anyone, a teacher, a person who has learnt to continue learning to be a better individual; a better person; a better teacher for life than this person, Mr.Lee Hollman, whose post in NYC resistor reads:

It may be a bit of an odd request, but... does anyone have a used Wii console and controller that they'd consider donating to a school? I'd be using it to teach not only actual subjects, but even meditation (yes, you read that right) to help my special ed kids.(I plan on hooking it up to a SmartBoard and using games from thatgamecompany and Deepak Chopra in between classes).  I'll probably do a donorschoose project to get a Wii if no one here has one, but figured I'd try this board first. I received an awesome VEX kit from one of you generous folks here, once.

Incidientally, I teach all manner of robotics here, including coaching a Lego Mindstorms team, so any robotics kits that people don't want will find a good home here too. Please contact me, and I'll give you my school contact info and everything that you need to prove I'm legit. Thanks!

His email address reads:Lee_Hollman@hotmail.com

And, I hope that anyone who can, will support this person. Things like this are what can make an amazing future for people.



How do I start with deriving the equations of motion for the pentacopter?

will update tomorrow at 5:00 p.m.
till then let's wait and see. I also have my own examinations so please bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment