Friday, November 8, 2013

Drone Aerospace Systems you su**!

I am for one, absolutely shocked. The price of an AT91sam7- evaluation kit is Rs.13,600. (281$ )Drone Aerospace refused to answer a single email that I posted to them. Now, I know why. Because everything we might require is already on http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/AT91SAM7SE-EK/AT91SAM7SE-EK-ND/1206696
D.A.S.(Drone Aerospace Systems Ltd.) appeared to state very clearly that they had fabricated the board themselves. So, we thought that well, these guys must have done the entire job on their own including the choosing of whatever they put on to the board(pardon my lack of big words I mean the placing of the chips, memory etc.) In fact, whenever I phoned Prasanna, I got no satisfactory reply. Hell! The guy seemed to act like he was no technical person.seemed to behave as if he had nothing else to do with it. Hell, they didn't even give us the user guide released by ATMEL.
http://www.atmel.in/Images/doc6241.pdf
I know this seems kind of weird, but a good idea might be to implement the software that I found on ATMEL's website. Because our board did not communicate with any of our laptops or the system at the Optics Lab.
http://www.atmel.in/tools/AT91SAMSOFTWAREPACKAGE.aspx
I should send a very strongly worded letter to Drone Aerospace Systems.
I would love to say at this point-
"We are going into the devil's nest. We are going to B'lore." But hey, what do the other guys have to say about it?

On the other hand, we have an I.M.U., G.P.S. module and SYS9400 board. Sriram anna has already implemented kalman filters to track real targets(realtime). So, can be expanded to visual servoing. It already runs Windows XP.

No comments:

Post a Comment