Monday, November 18, 2013

Whirlwind boss

It's been a whirlwind, these past few days. Anyway, this is what I've learnt. There is this really cool course by Cyril Stachniss, on youtube. I thank god that Cyril was created on earth. He is a god himself. He has uploaded the coolest 'real' course on SLAM. Can you believe it? on SLAM. That's just the title of the course. And, this is what I've gathered. The Kalman filter is a version of the Bayes filter, which relies on the Markov assumption(it makes so much more sense on video), and uses Gaussian functions for parameters. We need a sensor model which serves as our corrector part of the bayes equation. We need a motion model that fits into the predictor part of our kalman filter. The motion model itself consists of two parts- the kinematic model which consists of speed and velocities and the dynamical model which deals with the forces and torques.
http://www.intechopen.com/books/motion-control/intelligent-flight-control-of-an-autonomous-quadrotor
The following link gives us an idea of the motion modeling for a quadcopter, should have no trouble executing whatever it requires and says as my first glance of the material says that we just need some 'scale'ing of the weight and the lengths, get the inertial matrix then, it looks like everything goes smoothly from there. I guess. I will go to college tomorrow and check abt the AT91SAM7S? That's really a question I have to ask myself. I'll be forsaking a whole day that I can possibly have to myself. But, longterm, I really want to do this.
Right now, have listened to a dialogue from a tamil film in the back ground, while I'm watching Cyril Stachniss's third video that introduces the idea of motion modeling, Bayes filter etc.. It goes like this.
There's an old, respectable dude wearing headphones who says out loud, that women enter 'his' mall to get beauty tips from 'his son'. AAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHH#*&(*%#*(*#&(%*&(#! That's really got something off my mind now. Ok. Focus. Breathe in. Breathe out.

No comments:

Post a Comment